Top 10 Poetry Books of 2012
December 17, 2012 § Leave a comment
What better way to kickstart a blog than a year-end list?
- Snowflake / Different Streets by Eileen Myles (Wave Books)
- A Mind Like This by Susan Blackwell Ramsey (Univ of Nebraska Press)
- Partyknife by Dan Magers (Birds, LLC)
- Listening for Earthquakes by Jasmine Dreame Wagner (Caketrain)
- To Embroider the Ground With Prayer by Teresa Scollon (Wayne State UP)
- As Long As Trees Last by Hoa Nguyen (Wave Books)
- Dear Jenny, We Are All Find by Jenny Zhang (Octopus Books)
- The Emily Dickinson Reader: An English-to-English Translation of Emily Dickinson’s Complete Poems by Paul Legault (McSweeney’s)
- Love, An Index by Rebecca Lindenberg (McSweeney’s)
- 2500 Random Things About Me Too by Matias Veigener (Les Figues Press)
Surprised that two of the ten are McSweeeney’s publications. I was going to say that My Rice Tastes Like the Lake by Tsering Wangmo Dhompa (Apogee Press) was my favorite of 2012 but apparently the publication date for that was 2011 (though I don’t think it was available until 2012 – so, honorable mention.)
*These are in no particular order, but #2 is hands down my favorite of 2012.